- RFC 2684 (formerly 1483) Bridged Ethernet over ATM PVCs
- IEEE 802.1d transparent, learning bridge
- Dynamic learning of up to 255 addresses
- Spanning Tree Algorithm
AAL and ATM Support
- Precise Peak Cell Rate traffic shaping on a per-VCC basis
- Up to 8 active VCCs across VPI 0-255
- VCI 0-65535 address range
- ATM Forum UNI3.1/4.0 PVC
- OAM F4/F5
- RJ-11 ADSL connection
- 10/100 Base-T RJ-45 Ethernet connection
- Standard USB connection (4200 model only)
Features and Benefits
- Web-based (HTTP) configuration of PPPoE parameters allows easy deployment (PPPoE Modems and Routers)
- 10/100 Ethernet provides full-rate LAN performance.
- Features simultaneous Ethernet and USB connectivity, allowing two PCs with discrete IP addresses or PPPoE clients to share a DSL line
- Up to 24 Mbps downstream and 1.5 Mbps upstream provides true broadband experience for subscribers. (I would question it’s ability to achieve ths speed personally!)
- Support for G.lite and full-rate ADSL, ADSL2, ADSL2+ and RE-ADSL ensure compatibility with most DSL networks.
- Concurrent NAT and NAPT (Routers only)
- WHQL (Windows Hardware Quality Labs) certified, ensuring plug-and-play USB installation on any PC running Window® 2000, Me, or XP
- Password protection prevents unauthorized users from modifying the Router’s configuration settings.
- Firewall security with four conveniently pre-set standard levels of security (Off, Low, Medium, High), an ICSA-compliant mode, and a custom setting for advanced users.
- Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) allows automatic discovery and configuration of the SpeedStream Router. UPnP is supported by Windows Me, XP, or later, operating systems.
- One computer on your local network can be configured to allow unrestricted two-way communication with servers or individual users on the Internet. This provides the ability to run programs that are incompatible with firewalls.
- Port Forwarding provides flexibility by allowing you to change internal IP addresses without affecting outside access to your network. (Does not work well for VoIP!)
Read about the heart of a SpeedStream 4200 — the AR7 Chipset by Texas Instruments.